1. Rinse the asparagus and cut off the tough bottom, about an inch.
2. Spread the spears on a roasting tray or dish and drizzle a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over them. (Roll them around so they are coated in the oil.)
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Roast in a preheated 220 degree (C) oven for about ten to twelve minutes.
5. Take them out of the oven and wrap a thin strip of prosciutto around them to tie them in bundles of three or four. If they are big spears you may want to just use 2 per bundle.
6. Back in the oven for a couple of minutes more.
7. Then I added a little bit of smoked cheese to the top and let it stay in the oven just long enough to make the cheese toasted and bubbly.
The total cooking time varies according to the size of the asparagus and how much you let it cool off when you wrap the prosciutto around it.
Original recipe and photo source: