Buying your first home is a big deal. That might be part of the reason we’re so choosy when it comes to the house we want to buy.
There are so many things you need to learn and so much of it comes from just doing it.
Saving a deposit, making sure there is enough money for the extra expenses that no one tells you about, paying tax, maintenance… the list goes on. I’d love to be able to skip the purchasing process and just start packing already! Let’s get to the house warming!
In an attempt to prepare myself not only for finding the right house, the buying process, and getting my budget organised, but also the move itself I have searched the web for helpful information and checklists to use throughout this process.
- 101 Moving out tips
- Packing a ‘First Night’ Box when moving
- How to de-clutter before you move
- 5 things to consider when buying your first home
- 5 more tips for buying your first home
- Tips for buying an investment property (I want this first home to become an investment down the track so important to consider)
- Assess the house
- Free information nights
- Things to do before you move
And a reality check (and giggles) 33 reasons why buying your first home could be hell on earth. I had to laugh at these!
Finally some great pictures to get you in the house hunting/buying/organising mood!via, via, via, via, via, via.
Until next time, colour outside the lines, dream big, enjoying the little things, and above all else… embrace imperfection.