There are so many things you can do in winter; skiing snowboarding, bird watching, skating, building snow men, stomping in puddles… Getting outside is great, but in winter I much prefer being inside with a nice warm fire and cup of tea.
Why not consider some indoor activities?
- Read a book. I have a mountain of books I want to read, winter is a great time to set about crossing some off my list. If you don’t have a collection like mine, why not head to your local library? There are mountains of free books to borrow to see the winter through.
- Have an indoor picnic or tea party. You can lay out an outdoor tablecloth on the floor, or set up your dinning table to high tea perfection. Invite some friends around for an afternoon treat.
- It can be tricky to think of things to do when kids are stuck inside all day. Why not get out some dress ups and perform a play of their very own? Its as simple as using some stuffed toys as puppets to create the perfect puppet show. You can also use more toys as their audience and film the lot. Using some sheets or an old box to separate the stars is a fun way to get the theatre theme going.
- Get baking! Some warm comfort food is always a great idea in winter. Why not make something you’ve been wanting to try but haven’t made the time.
- Write a letter to a friend. Old-fashioned letter writing is so much fun, and a real change to today’s chosen form of communicating – emails, texts, messaging etc.
If, like me, you prefer to spend time indoors in winter, why not get stuck in to a new challenge like scrapbooking? “30 days of memories” is ideal for people new to scrapbooking. It’s free and packed with advice, stories, and photography tips to help you create beautiful memories. For all the details register here (click here to register) and you will receive an email with how to access the course.
Here is a taste of what will be included in the course:
• List of 10 essential tools for scrapbookers
• Template ideas for pages
• Journaling prompts
• List making prompts
• Theme ideas
• Photographing tips
• Reviews of products
• Tips on finding your own style
• An exclusive facebook community group
• Ideas on what to do with the un-scrapable keepsakes
• Details on how to host a scrapbooking day
• And more!
Keep warm! If you have a new hobby or activity you are getting stuck into this year, please let us know in the comments section below!