Unique style is all about expressing yourself through fashion. Your personal taste for clothes, your interests, inspirations, aspirations and history all play a part in the way you dress.
A clever way to always done your unique style is to spend a few minutes on the weekend looking over your diary and get an idea of what outfits you will need for the coming week. Make a mental note, # number of work outfits, # amount of social outfits (dinners etc). Now you can look through your wardrobe and put some outfits together on coat hangers ready to go for the whole week. This is a great way to make sure you are wearing all of your wardrobe and not just the bits that are quick and easy to grab.
You can also make new clothes out of old clothes by finding a seamstress or sewing some items yourself. Simple things like changing a collar, taking in the waist, shortening sleeves, whatever. This is a great way to extend the life of your wardrobe and not spending a fortune.
If you’re feeling a bit lost in your style or you have never really settled on a style of your very own you might want to follow a few of these tips to discovering it!
- Think about what you feel comfortable in. We can’t all wear PJs all day but you might feel more comfortable in pants then a skirt.
- Consider your body type when you choose clothes, pick things that highlight the features you want to show off. If you’re not sure of your body type check out these pictures to give you an idea.
- Are there colours that you feel more comfortable in? Do you like to stand out or are mild tones more your thing? Maybe a combination of the two.
- Accessories! Do you have a collection of pins? Maybe you love pearls, or birds, turtles, or you have a collection of scarves. You can easily use items like these to put together outfits that are uniquely you!
- You don’t have to spend a fortune either! Mixing and matching outfits are the best way to develop a style all of your own
Image Source Source Source
Get out there and make your unique style happen!