One of the things I like about being more green at home is that it is usually going to save you money too! Here are some different things you can do to be a bit more green at home.
- Plant a herb garden. Even if you have no backyard, a pot on a window ledge will give these little plants enough sunlight to do really well. Fresh herbs with your meals is always a good idea, and think of the money you’ll save not having to buy them each week from the supermarket.
- Take your reusable bags to the supermarket and stop using plastic bags around the home.
- Enjoy natural light as long as you can and only turn your lights on when you need them.
- Turn your computer and monitor off completely at night. Having these turned off but not turning them off at the wall leaves them in standby mode which uses power.
- Before you buy anything new, check out gumtree, craigslist, or freecycle.
- As often as possible air or line dry your laundry. This is easy in summer as it wont take long for things to dry.
Hope you can get started on some of these at home today!