I love planning ahead, thinking through details and getting organised. I realise not everyone shares my love of lists and planning. But I do know that there are 8 things you could have done over the weekend that would set you up for a fantastic week, whether you enjoy planning or not.
They are all simple things (and you might already do some!) but they are really key starters to a successful week no matter what you get up to. So have a read of these helpful hints and give them a go next weekend!
1) Change your sheets. How nice is it to climb into a crisp clean bed on Sunday night? I know I always sleep better when I have changed my bed at the start of a new week.
2) Catch up on all of your washing and set out your clothing for the week. Previously I have mentioned getting your clothes ready the night before, but if you have a bit more time why not set up 5 days of clothes. This will save you time during the week and prevent you wasting time looking for matching items.
3) Check your calendar. Not only will this give you an idea of what you need to get done this week, but you have this time to stop and really think about the little things that you may normally miss. As you look at your calendar make yourself a list of what needs to be completed and by when.
4) Pack your bags/do a quick clean out. When you look at the week ahead you can easily see the items you need to carry with you, and the extras you wont. Believe me you are going to have a great week if your handbag is de-cluttered and all of your essential items are refilled. Can you see how your week can turn nasty when you are constantly looking for your keys/sun glasses/a spare hair tie.
5) Food food food! Doing your food shopping on the weekend rather then stopping by the shops daily saved you a lot of money (and time!). If you hate the weekend food shop why not order your groceries online and have them delivered to your door?
6) As an additional point to number 4, why not prep your food as soon as you get it! If you spend an hour or two in the kitchen over the weekend preparing dinners for the week and freezing them, you are going to create hours of time each evening. Just imagine being able to relax at the end of each day and not feeling guilty about all the things you ‘should’ be doing, because they are done!
7) Bin run. Do a lap of the house and check for rubbish in bins, if you already have a habit of doing this on bin day that’s great. However if you constantly find yourself running around in the morning before the bin is to be collected you might want to start doing a quick check over the weekend as well.
8) Tidy and put away. Over the week we tend to end up with bits and pieces all over the place making your home feel a bit too much like a dumping ground. Spending half an hour over the weekend getting things back in order will save you time and stress during the week ahead. If you can’t get your house back into order with 30 minutes you might need to try my spring cleaning course and really get stuck into your problem areas. Click here to learn more about that and sign up.